Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Weekend Kumquats

Did you ever have a weekend where EVERYTHING BREAKS AT THE SAME TIME? That was my weekend. I guess it was just 2 things- my iPad charger and the power cord to my laptop, but still extremely annoying. Why is the cheapest power cord $50? Seriously. It's a cord, not a laptop.
I was cheered up somewhat by kumquats. I have been endeavoring to replace all my normal snackies with fruit, and I'm getting a little tired of just the staples (apples, oranges, bananas), so I have branched out into blueberries and strawberries and the like. Recently, I found kumquats on sale at the store. Given the chance to have the funniest fruit in the English language, how could I not get them? Despite their hilarious name, kumquats are nice little fruits. They look like tiny orange rugby balls and they taste like sweettarts, so pretty good for snacking. And then I get to laugh at them because they are called "kumquats." Also, there is a dancing kumquat on the box label, which is just silly.
Hee hee. Kumquats.

No comments:

Post a Comment